STEVEN M. COHEN, is a partner with Cohen & Oalican, LLP. Mr. Cohen is one of Greater Boston's most noted elder attorneys, working for the elderly and disabled. He is dedicated to educating the eldercare industry, and those providing elder services, on the intricacies of elder law.
Steven received his undergraduate degree cum laude from Brandeis University and law degree cum laude from Boston University School of Law. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder law Attorneys. He is co-author of the Nursing Home Medicaid Eligibility Chapter in Estate Planning for the Aging and Incapacitated Client in Massachusetts published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
Mr. Cohen speaks regularly before senior and professional groups including the American Bar Association, the Boston Tax Institute, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Harvard Medical School, as well as to health care professionals in hospitals and nursing homes.
Areas of Practice:
- Elder Law
- Wills Trusts and Estates
- Asset Protection Planning
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Guardianship Law
- Wills & Probate
- Probate Law
- Medicaid Law and Medicaid Planning
- New York, 1990 Massachusetts, 1990
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 1989 J.D. Honors: Cum Laude
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, 1984 B.A. Honors: Cum Laude
- Nursing Home Medicaid Eligibility Chapter in Estate Planning, (Co-Author) Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
- Speaker - American Bar Association
- Speaker - Boston Tax Institute
- Speaker - Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Speaker - Harvard Medical School
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Former Board of Directors - Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy
- Co-Chair of the Elder and Disability Committee of the Boston Bar Association