ERIC R. OALICAN is a partner with Cohen & Oalican, LLP. A recognized expert in asset protection planning for elderly and disabled clients, Eric represents clients in the greater Boston area and manages the firm’s southeastern Massachusetts office in Raynham.
Eric received his law degree from the Washington College of Law of The American University. He is a frequent lecturer on elder law issues and chairs the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and Massachusetts Bar Association’s annual Elder Law programs. Widely published, Eric recently authored the Older Clients and Long-Term Care Chapter for Drafting Estate Plans (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. rev. ed. 2009).
Eric has been voted a “Super Lawyer” in elder law by New England attorneys since 2005. Eric is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and performs significant pro bono work, giving educational seminars for public and private organizations devoted to assisting older clients. Eric also presents to Alzheimer support groups, social clubs, age-55 plus residential communities, assisted living facilities, home care staff and hospital case managers on the topics of asset protection, current Medicaid law and estate planning.
Areas of Practice:
- Elder Law
- Wills Trusts and Estates
- Asset Protection Planning
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Guardianship Law
- Wills & Probate
- Probate Law
- Medicaid Law and Medicaid Planning
- Massachusetts, 1992
- Rhode Island from 1992 to 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts,1993
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 1994
- American University, Washington College of Law
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Older Clients and Long-Term Care Chapter for Drafting Estate Plans (MCLE, Inc. rev. ed.), 2009
- Frequent Lecturer, elder law issues for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Massachusetts Bar Association and Health Education Network.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Former Board of Director - Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorney
- Former Chair - Elder Law Section of the Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Council
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member